For instances, Wikipedia states:
Black helicopters is a term which became popular in the United States militia movement and associated political groups in the 1990s as a symbol and warning sign of an alleged conspiratorialmilitary takeover of the United States, though it has also been associated with men in black and similar conspiracies. Rumors circulated that, for instance, the United Nations patrolled the US with unmarked black helicopters, or that federal agents used black helicopters to enforce wildlife laws. The concept springs from the basic truth that many government agencies and corporations do use helicopters, and that some of these helicopters are dark-colored or black. For instance, dark-colored military helicopters were deployed in the standoff at Ruby Ridge. Earlier tales from the 1970s linked them with UFO conspiracy theories.
It continues… (Noting I blogged this awhile back depicting a Video I found)
And here: https://lissakr11humanelife.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/cattle-mutilations-direct-energy-weapons/
Stories of black helicopters first appeared in the 1970s, and were linked to reports of cattle mutilation. It is possible that the idea originated in Hal Lindsey‘s book The Late, Great Planet Earth, published in 1970 and popular among conspiracy theorists. Lindsey theorized that locust-like creatures referenced in the Book of Revelation were actually helicopters, which John had never seen and thus did not know how to describe.The issue was first popularized in the early 1990s by Mark Koernke, also known as “Mark fromMichigan“, in appearances on Tom Valentine’s radio show and in public speeches which were widely circulated on videocassette, and shortly thereafter by Linda Thompson in her film America Under Siege. In Alex Jones’ film Police State 2000 unmarked black helicopters are shown flying low in surprise urban warfare training missions with Delta Force operators and foreign troops.
Jim Keith wrote two books on the subject: Black Helicopters Over America: Strikeforce for the New World Order (1995), and Black Helicopters II : The End Game Strategy (1998).
Media attention to black helicopters increased in February 1995, when first-term Republican northern IdahoRepresentative Helen Chenoweth charged that armed federal agents were landing black helicopters on Idahoranchers‘ property to enforce the Endangered Species Act. “I have never seen them,” Chenoweth said in an interview in The New York Times. “But enough people in my district have become concerned that I can’t just ignore it. We do have some proof.” Chenoweth made the charges at a press conference without ever consulting with the Department of the Interior.
The black helicopters theory resonates well with the belief held by some in the militia movement that troops from the United Nations might invade the United States. The John Birch Society published an article in The New American detailing how the existence of the covert aircraft was mostly the product of possible visual errors and a tendency towards overboard caution.
- New UN Push For Gun Control! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert! (dickmorris.com)
- Helicopters of the Mysterious Kind (illuminutti.com)
- Obama’s Second Term Plan: Let The U.N. Tax Americans (dickmorris.com)
- Welcome to the Fever Swamps: Agenda 21 and the Fall of America (motherjones.com)
- The Black Helicopters Circling Jack Welch (theatlantic.com)
- In second term, Obama will allow UN to tax Americans (givemeliberty01.com)
- HAARP Engineering ‘FRANKENSTORM’ Hurricane Sandy – CAUGHT on SATELLITE and RADAR!!! (2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com)
- 3 Accused Of Pointing Laser At Helicopter In Flight (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Mexican police charged over US embassy staff shootout (nation.co.ke)
- Guantanamo Bay: Model for an American Police State? (tenthamendmentcenter.com)