Paul Joseph Watson
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta’s testimony asserting that the United Nations and NATO have supreme authority over the actions of the United States military, words which effectively declare Congress a ceremonial relic, have prompted Congressman Walter Jones to introduce a resolution that re-affirms such behavior as an “impeachable high crime and misdemeanor” under the Constitution.
During a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing yesterday, Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey brazenly admitted that their authority comes not from the U.S. Constitution, but that the United States is subservient to and takes its marching orders from the United Nations and NATO, international bodies over which the American people have no democratic influence.
Panetta was asked by Senator Jeff Sessions, “We spend our time worrying about the U.N., the Arab League, NATO and too little time, in my opinion, worrying about the elected representatives of the United States. As you go forward, will you consult with the United States Congress?”
The Defense Secretary responded “You know, our goal would be to seek international permission. And we would come to the Congress and inform you and determine how best to approach this, whether or not we would want to get permission from the Congress.”
Despite Sessions’ repeated efforts to get Panetta to acknowledge that the United States Congress is supreme to the likes of NATO and the UN, Panetta exalted the power of international bodies over the US legislative branch.
“I’m really baffled by the idea that somehow an international assembly provides a legal basis for the United States military to be deployed in combat,” Sessions said. “I don’t believe it’s close to being correct. They provide no legal authority. The only legal authority that’s required to deploy the United States military is of the Congress and the president and the law and the Constitution.”
In an effort to re-affirm the fact that “the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution,” Republican Congressman Walter Jones has introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives.
The full text reads;
Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.
Whereas the cornerstone of the Republic is honoring Congress’s exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that, except in response to an actual or imminent attack against the territory of the United States, the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress violates Congress’s exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution and therefore constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.
Under the terms of Jones’ resolution, both Panetta and Obama would be subject to impeachment for abusing their power and violating the Constitution in disregarding the authority of Congress and placing a foreign power above its jurisdiction.
Despite the Pentagon’s efforts to claim that Panetta’s words were misinterpreted, the Obama administration itself has routinely cited the authority of the United Nations in relation to last year’s invasion of Libya, which was conducted without approval from Congress.
In June last year, President Obama arrogantly expressed his hostility to the rule of law when he dismissed the need to get congressional authorization to commit the United States to a military intervention in Libya, churlishly dismissing criticism and remarking, “I don’t even have to get to the Constitutional question.”
Obama tried to legitimize his failure to obtain Congressional approval for military involvement by sending a letter to Speaker of the House John Boehner in which he said the military assault was “authorized by the United Nations (U.N.) Security Council.”
In boldly asserting the authority of international powers over and above the legislative branch, Panetta and Obama are openly declaring that they no longer represent the American people and instead are water carriers for a global dictatorship that has usurped the sovereignty of the United States.
- SECDEF seems a little unclear on Congress’s power to declare war…(xbradtc.wordpress.com)
- Coup D’état: Pentagon & Obama Declare Congress Ceremonial: Congressman Jones introduces bill that would subject Panetta & Obama to impeachment (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) Reminds General Dempsey and Leon Panetta About the Constitution vs “International Law” (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- The Cat’s Out of The Bag: Obama Administration And Shadow Government Admit Congress Doesn’t Matter (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Leon Panetta: Toady Of Tyranny (thecampofthesaints.org)
- Official: Panetta misinterpreted on ‘permission’ for Syria intervention (cnn.com)
- Panetta admits United States Military run by UN AND NATO (disclose.tv)
- (“The United States has ceded control of its affairs to international bureaucrats”) Pentagon Launches Desperate Damage Control Over Shocking Panetta Testimony (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- He’s Impeachable, You Know (Congress can impeach Attorney General)(gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Panetta: We Don’t Need Congressional Authorization For War; We Only Need “International Permission” [Ace] (minx.cc)
- Obama Admin Cites ‘Int’l Permission,’ Not Congress, As ‘Legal Basis’ For Action In Syria – YouTube (incaunipocrit.wordpress.com)
- SECDEF Panetta: U.S. Will Continue to Assess Syria(waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Defense Secretary Leon Panetta: I Answer To The New World Order, Not America (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- ” Pentagon Launches Desperate Damage Control Over Shocking Panetta Testimony Alex Jones’ Infowars: There’s a war on for your mind!(todaysnews4you.wordpress.com)
- Pentagon Launches Desperate Damage Control Over Shocking Panetta Testimony: The United States has ceded control of its affairs to international bureaucrats (destructionist.wordpress.com)